instalove

instalove

Ride with Me

Ride with Me - Ruthie Knox Interesting how getting your ass kicked by love could change your perspective.The happy couple...Lexie is a follow-the-map high school teacher who doesn’t trust her own judgment after two failed engagements. Tom is a brooding loner who most definitely does not want a female chatting in his ear for three months straight.The setting...A 4,500-mile bike ride across the United States – with a few scenic detours along the way.The storytelling....I was right there with them all the way across the country. The set-up was entirely believable, and the ups and downs of their emotional connection mirrored their physical journey.The romance....The relationship-building was perfect – it never fell into a predictable Romance-O-Matic formula. No Insta-Love, no “I Hate You Except When We Kiss,” no Big Misunderstanding. Tom’s honorable angst was just deliciously sexy, and Lexie was a realistic mix of smart, funny and vulnerable.And the Red Bordello Motel Room Birthday Sex? OH. MY. GOD.“—Right now you need to let go, sweetheart. Open your eyes and let go. I’ll keep you safe.”He wouldn’t let her look away. When she came, his gaze held her in place, his eyes huge and black and unspeakably tender, and he didn’t allow her to shrink back from the tsunami of sensation that swept through her. He held her there and made sure she felt every last unbelievable second of it, and then he blinked and came himself with a helpless sound that was almost a roar. She watched him, holding on tight until it was over.Still shuddering, her hot cheek pressed against his shoulder, Lexie closed her eyes and cursed him. Because now it was no longer possible to pretend.Tom was going to break her heart, and she was going to let him.It made me swoon and cry at the same time. Good lord.The recommendation....This is my new standard for contemporary M/F romance. And Tom Geiger is my new Contemporary Fictional Boyfriend.