instalove

instalove

Sweet Justyce - Marie LaGud I read about 1/4 and gave up. The story and characters have promise, but the writing is uncomfortably formal. The author doesn't use contractions in exposition OR dialogue, and there's very little variation in sentence structure, which makes it nearly impossible to enjoy.A few examples:..."The reason why I am here early is because I did not get a chance to deliver the package. On my way it was stolen."...She was tired and felt very much like crying. She took several deep breathes to calm her emotional upheaval....Justyce took a long, satisfying sip of his hot, deliciously aromatic, dark roast morning coffee before answering the shrilling beep of his telecom...."If there is something wrong with your lunch, let the waitress know. Since it is a new restaurant they probably will replace your meal. I am sure they do no want any bad reviews."..."She probably had a hot date and consumed too much alcohol which caused her to over sleep. She may have a hangover and could not get out of bed."I'd recommend to the author that she re-read her favorite authors and analyze closely how they create real-life dialogue, communicate internal emotions and describe settings without an excess of adjectives. Ask book-loving friends to be your "beta readers" and give you honest feedback.