instalove

instalove

Shattered Glass - Dani Alexander Two words: Bunny. Slippers. How could I NOT buy this???I was sure I was going to love this because of all the rave reviews, but I gave up about halfway through because it just left me exhausted. I felt like I needed to get my anxiety meds adjusted or something.The plot…The pace of this book just seemed over-the-top relentless - I can't decide if "frantic" or "frenetic" would be the best word. I needed a little emotional downtime or a few introspective moments in between the rent boy/drug dealer/Russian mob (really ???) plot craziness and the snarkiness of the dialogue.Hero A…I'm hooked on m/m romance because there's a 50/50 chance of a good beta hero who's an actual grown-up and not an overgrown teenager. But not this one, unfortunately. Even though Austin was 26 years, a cop and an FBI-wannabe, I constantly had the urge to treat him like my 8-year-old and say "Sit down. Take a deep breath. When you can talk to me in a regular voice, then I can listen better."In other words, "Austin, sit down, SHUT THE FUCK UP and try to act like a rational human being for TWO FUCKING SECONDS."Hero B…Two words: Bunny. Slippers.Now let me tell you what I REALLY think…On the plus side, I loved the author’s “voice,” and she made me laugh out loud several times. If I ever finish I'll have to give it a C just for being memorable – but I’d never want to spend time with these characters in real life unless I absolutely had to.It’s on my DNF shelf for now, but I truly intend to try again soon – and I’ll definitely look for more by Dani Alexander in the future.