instalove

instalove

About Last Night - Ruthie Knox "I never thought I’d be penetrated by a Neville,” she said wonderingly. “Maybe a Colin, or a Simon…."The happy couple....Cath is a struggling museum assistant who’s sworn off men because she doesn’t want to have to add to her collection of "lessons learned" tattoos. Nev is a sensitive artist hiding behind a yuppie banker’s façade to please his overbearing family.The setting....London (Greenwich, to be specific) and a country estate complete with servants and formal gardens.The storytelling....Spot-on characterization and dialogue – and a lot of smokin’-hot sex – keep the poor girl/rich boy premise from becoming formulaic or overly melodramatic.The romance....Their relationship starts with her passing out in his bed – before they even know each other’s names –and it just gets better from there. I loved how Cath continually rewrote her self-written rules to rationalize her overwhelming and unwanted attraction. Nev seemed a little too perfect at first, and then too much of a wuss, but he totally redeems himself with a swoon-worthy Grand Gesture.He’d stolen her whole life story and flipped it around, making it beautiful and tragic instead of sordid and stupid.*~*happy sigh*~*The recommendation....Loved the characters, loved the writing – hurry the hell up with the next one, Ruthie!