instalove

instalove

Milk Maid in Heaven - Samantha Jillian Bayarr The title of this Kindle freebie caught my eye, and the blurb was intriguing, so I was willing to give it a chance. I wound up fast-forwarding through most of it because the writing style was soooo earnest and heavy-handed.The plot and characters were likeable, and the premise is great, but there was no subtlety in the dialogue or descriptions. I'd much rather be SHOWN the growing relationship between the hero and heroine, not hit over the head with it.The hero's Tragic Past backstory was info-dumped in a single scene in the first chapter, which really strained the credulity for me. I was also put off by the letters/e-mails between the heroine and her BFF - they were overly long and dramatic, and while I don't mind a little preachiness in an inspirational, these exchanges seemed more like sermons. I think there's a lot of potential here, and with the help of a good editor, the author could probably learn to get her message across with a lighter touch.