instalove

instalove

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales, #4) - Eloisa James Grade: FIf you’re an Eloisa James fangirl, walk backwards slowly with your eyes on the floor until you reach a safe zone. Then turn and run like hell, because this is going to be ugly. (See what I did there?)Plot summary: “Hey, my wife of two days yelled at me because I married her for her money so I guess I’ll run away and become a pirate and shave my head and give myself a flowery facial tattoo and then show up out of the blue seven years later at the special session of Parliament called to declare me officially dead and then I’ll get all pissy when my bitter bride doesn’t immediately succumb to my piratical sexiness.”Hated it. It was awful. Dreadful. Did I mention I HATED IT?Why the haterade, you ask? Let's take a look at the HEA:After that the duke proceeded to demonstrate for his duchess almost all of the terms he knew for the sport of Venus. He was a pirate. He knew a lot.The happy ending was the “hero” showing off the boinking and boffing skillz he learned and earned while fucking prostitutes during his long absence at sea. I don’t consider that to be romantic AT ALL.There's more ranting, but you'll have to read the full review to appreciate the depths of my scorn.NOTE: I read a digital ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss.