instalove

instalove

Badass (Hell Yeah!, #4) - Sable Hunter First impressions:I didn’t hate it. I even LIKED parts of it. I’m in Book Review Purgatory, actually considering a C- grade.But what if my enthusiasm is merely disguised relief that it wasn’t a FLAMING CESSPOOL OF CRAP like the previous book in the series?Second thoughts:Never mind. It's going to have to be a D-.Despite the much-improved characters and plot, and a few flashes of good writing, the frequent applications of excruciating drivel completely ruin the credibility and likeability.Ultimately, this book gets sucked back down into the author’s inevitable death spiral of insulting misogyny wrapped in cutesy twaddle.Read the full review at DearAuthor.comNote to author:I know I've been a Mean Girl, and probably even a Bitch, for ripping your books apart here and elsewhere. But I must say the beginning of Chapter 8 in Badass floored me. And your opening scenes in the previous Hell Yeah! books were damn good. If you can write like that, I don't understand why you bury your talent under such over-the-top, eye-rolling nonsense. Or maybe you're doing on purpose to fuck with my head. If so, you are brilliant and I will buy you an entire case of Shiner beer because I completely fell for it. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but I'll need proof first.