instalove

instalove

Hot On Her Trail - Sable Hunter Read the full review at DearAuthor.comA return to Tebow Ranch, home of testosterone-steaming Alpha Males and the helpless damsels in distress who fall at their feet…Soooo, after laughing my way through the first book of this series, I strapped on my big-girl undies to see if Book 2 was as bad as the first.It’s a damn good thing I suited up in protective gear, because in between the vomit-inducing Insta-Love and a *lot* of WTFery, this book PISSED ME OFF.The plot…Homeless orphaned dyslexic pregnant virgin hides out in baby daddy’s barn to escape her bipolar stalker/serial killer. Also, she’s mistaken for a mermaid.Summing up our heroine in one paragraph:“Do you think I could have a glass of milk when we get there?” Jessie looked at him hopefully.Summing up our hero in one paragraph:Knowing that Jessie was going to need clothes for the dance, he had gone crazy and went to Sarah Jane’s boutique and bought ten different outfits for his Angel-baby. And before he left the town square, he had stopped at the florist and bought a dozen peach colored roses. The color reminded him of her nipples.And the WTFery doesn’t stop there...We also have general cluelessness, ridiculous character inconsistencies, endless poetic euphemisms for intimate body parts, and a heroine who’s spunky enough to appreciate the ironic humor of attempted rape. And if all THAT wasn’t enough, we get sneak peeks into the sequels for McCoy brothers Isaac (Tattooed Motorcycle-Riding Badass), Joseph (Paralyzed Reckless Daredevil) and Noah (Uptight Self-Righteous Accountant) – each of whom show their asshole credentials early and often.If you enjoy misogyny disguised as romance, set in a creepy cowboy version of Stepford, go ahead and read this book. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.