instalove

instalove

Her Imperfect Groom (The Grooms, #4) - Rose Gordon I really hate to give this only two stars, but I found it disappointing after enjoying all the author's other books.On the plus side, I loved the main characters - Edwina is funny and smart, and Wallace is a the Regency equivalent of a charming nerd. I also liked the illiteracy/dyslexia subplot - I thought the way Wallace responded by revealing his own issues and finding ways to teach Edwina was really sweet and believable, and one of the best elements of romance in the story.On the other hand, I have a tendency to take off a star for a "Big Misunderstanding" plot - and for this book I have to take off two additional stars for a whole bunch of idiotic "Little But Irrelevant And Sometimes Ridiculous Misunderstandings."The primary misunderstanding described in the book blurb might have been OK by itself, but the continual intrusion of not one but two Evil Ex-Fiancees and numerous smarmy relatives were major annoyances.Between the ridiculous duel between two nerds and even more ridiculous mistaking the family dog for a lover (seriously?????) this was almost a DNF, but in the end it was worth a fairly satisfying HEA.